Frequently Asked Questions About HCG
- What is HCG?
- HCG is the abbreviation for “Human Chorionic Gonadotropin”. HCG is a protein hormone that is naturally produced in the pituitary gland of both males and females of all ages.
- How is HCG Administered?
- Following the physician’s instructions provided with your HCG program, the HCG hormone can be absorbed by injection through the fatty tissue areas of the body. Other than prescription HCG injections, the source of all other forms of HCG cannot be trusted and should be avoided.
- What HCG is Not
- As previously stated, 100% HCG cannot be administered in any other way other than a physician’s prescription. “HCG” drops, sprays, and tablets contain 0% HCG and may claim to be “bottled” in the United States, but the the ingredients prior to bottling are most likely produced in another country.
- How Does HCG Work?
The doctor developed HCG diet is designed to interact with the hypothalamus, which is the part of the brain that controls certain metabolic functions such as hunger. You cannot simply take HCG alone and lose weight. An HCG prescription must be accompanied by a physician managed and developed diet program to produce significant and safe weight loss results.
What is the HCG Diet? Questions and Answers
Many patients have questions about the HCG Diet and how it will help them reach their weight loss goal. The following list is common questions asked and answers to give you more information.
- After the HCG diet program is completed, will I be able to stop my diabetic medications?
The weight loss may require an adjustment in Diabetic medication. This will need to be discussed with your primary care Physician.
- Do I have to eat high fat foods the first two days and why?
It takes approximately two-three days for the HCG to take effect and begin circulating your abnormal fat stores. “Fat loading” for the first two-three days help to prevent hunger after the calorie restriction starts.
- What foods are recommended during the two-three days of loading fats?
Whole milk, dairy products, eggs, nuts, oils, avocados, and other high protein foods.
- Will I be hungry?
- Because the HCG Diet causes a release of abnormal fat stores to your body for energy, you won’t feel hungry on the low calorie diet.
- Does the weight loss plateau after the first month?
Weight loss is usually greatest the first month and slows down, but does not stop. It is common to see inches being lost continuously.
- Will the weight come back after I am finished with the HCG Diet program?
- The HCG Program must be followed correctly until you attain your goal weight. After the program is completed, a post diet low carb maintenance phase should be followed for the first three weeks. After that, you will have a smaller appetite, more energy, and healthier lifestyle so most people do not regain the weight.
- Do I have to exercise?
- Only mild walking and resistance training is allowed during the diet. When the diet is completed, then you will want to return to some form of exercise, to tone and maintain your health.
- Are HCG injections painful?
The needle used is the same tiny needle used for insulin and is relatively painless. For patients who are needle phobic, there is the option to use sublingual (under the tongue) drops of HCG.